No Sugar Added, Gluten-Free
Low-Carb Basic Green Salad Variations With Dill & Oregano Recipe
Gluten-Free Basic Green Salad Variations With Dill & Oregano Recipe
This is a light salad with simple greens and basic Mediterranean ingredients that work in any and all situations. This Gluten-Free Mediterranean salad recipe can be filled with ingredients found in any supermarket. If your supermarket doesn’t have a particular ingredient that’s called for, then choose whatever is the freshest.
Author: Deena Segal
Recipe type: No Sugar Added, Gluten-Free
- 10 Lettuce Leaves, torn into bite-size pieces
- ½ pound feta cheese, 250 grams
- 3 whole tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 whole cucumber, sliced diagonally
- ½ cup Kalamata olives
- 1 Spanish onion, finely bias sliced
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
Salad Dressing Ingredients
- ½ cup virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix salad dressing ingredients in a jar.
- Shake well.
- Pour over salad when ready to serve.
- Garnish the salad with anchovies.
Calories: 349 Fat: 32g (79.5% calories from fat) Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 11g (Net Carbs = 9g) Sugar: 0g Sodium: 746mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 7g Cholesterol: 34mg