Decadently Delicious Gluten-Free Steak Oskar Recipe
Let's be honest, date night is a rare and treasured event. Why waste time looking for the perfect recipe? Look no further. Decadently Delicious Steak Oskar is a spectacular dish that combines 4 of my favorite gluten-free ingredients; steak, crab, asparagus, and a rich béarnaise sauce. This meal is the perfect excuse to feed the kiddos and get them off to bed early so you can enjoy a little quiet time with your honey!
Author: Deena Segal
Recipe type: Gluten-Free, No Sugar Added, Primal, Fat Fast, Nut-Free
- 2 7 ounce beef tenderloin filets
- 8 asparagus spears, steamed
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- dash Tabasco sauce
- 6 ounces butter, melted
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 4 ounces canned crabmeat
- Pre-heat the grill.
- Trim the asparagus spears to the size of the steaks and steam. Set aside and keep warm.
- Grill the steaks to the desired temperature and then let the meat rest.
- When the steaks are almost to their desired temperature, whip the egg yolks in a metal mixing bowl.
- Add the lemon juice and Tabasco sauce. Place the mixture in a double boiler over steaming (but not boiling) water. Heat, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and slowly whisk in the butter, stirring constantly.
- In a small skillet, combine the vinegar and tarragon and boil until almost dry. Add to the sauce and set aside.
- Plate the steak and lay 4 asparagus spears across the top of each steak.
- Garnish with the crabmeat and the sauce.
- Serve immediately.
If you prefer fresh crab meat over the canned, simply sauté the fresh cab in a little butter and garlic and use it to garnish your steak.
Serving size: 1 Steak Calories: 1304 Fat: 120g Fat (1076 Calories from Fat) Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 6g Sugar: 0g Sodium: 996mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 52g
Leave a Reply