Gluten-Free, No Sugar Added, Paleo, Primal, Vegetarian, Nut-Free
Garden of Plenty Gluten-Free Salad Recipe
Garden of Plenty Salad Gluten-Free Recipe
This Garden of Plenty Salad added to a meal is great for your health. Although it's low in calories, the vegetables in a garden are usually high in fiber and packed with vitamins and minerals. Not only that, but eating a salad a day helps to lower the bad cholesterol in your body. All this with the added bonus of great taste! This salad is super quick and easy to prepare and you can serve it in a large bowl, family style, or serve in individual servings.
Author: Deena Segal
Recipe type: Gluten-Free, No Sugar Added, Paleo, Primal, Vegetarian, Nut-Free
- 1 medium tomato
- ¼ red bell pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 4-6 mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 8 cups Italian blend prewashed salad greens (or salad greens of your choice)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (optional)
- salad dressing of your choice (optional)
- Slice the tomatoes into quarters and remove all the seeds and icky “innards.” Dice what’s left. Set aside.
- Slice the ends off the washed cucumbers, and peel alternating strips of the peel off with a vegetable peeler so that they are striped. Slice the cucumber in half lengthwise. then slice the cucumber halves into ¼-inch slices. Set aside.
- Clean and slice the mushrooms. Set aside.
- Empty salad greens into a large serving bowl or divide the salad greens evenly between 4 salad plates or bowls.
- Distribute the tomatoes, red bell pepper, cucumber, and mushrooms over the salad greens.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the top of the salad, if desired.
- Top with your favorite salad dressing only after the rest of the food is cooked and on the table.
If you are serving children, there’s probably no way you're going to get them to eat 2 cups of salad greens. Adjust the serving size to what you think you can get them to eat.
Serving size: 2 cups Calories: 142 Fat: 8g (65 Calories from Fat) Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 11g (7g net carbs) Sugar: 0g Sodium: 134mg Fiber: 4g Protein: 10g