Gluten-Free, No Sugar Added
Bacon’s not a teeming hotbed of vitamins and minerals, but it has enough to make a contribution. You’ll get 8% of your thiamin, 7% of your niacin, 5% of your B12, 4% of your zinc, 3% of your potassium, and 2% each of your B6, riboflavin, and iron.
Gluten-Free, No Sugar Added Bacon, Tomato and Cauliflower Salad Recipe
Bacon, Tomato, and Cauliflower Salad Recipe
The first time I made this salad, I ate the whole batch that day, and made it again the next day. It's that good. Hmmm. Come to think of it, I have cauliflower, bacon, tomatoes, and scallions on hand...
Author: Deena Segal
- 8 slices bacon
- ½ large cauliflower, head
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 12 scallions, sliced
- ½ cup light mayonnaise (or regular, if you prefer)
- salt and pepper
- lettuce leaves
- Lay your bacon on a microwave bacon rack, or in a glass pie plate - this may take two batches.
- Microwave on "high" for one minute per slice, or until crisp.
- Remove from microwave, drain, and let it cool while you...
- Trim the leaves and the bottom of the stem off the cauliflower, and whack the remainder into chunks.
- Run it through the shredding blade of your food processor.
- Put the resulting "cauli-rice" in a microwaveable casserole with a lid, add a couple of tablespoons of water, cover, and nuke on "high" for 6 minutes.
- While that's happening, dice your tomatoes and slice your scallions, including the crisp part of the green shoot.
- When your cauli-rice is done, uncover it right away, drain it, and put it in a big mixing bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, scallions, and mayonnaise, and mix it up.
- Now crumble in the bacon, and mix it again.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Line plates with lettuce leaves.
- Now pack the salad into a custard cup and unmold on the lettuce leaves for each serving.
- Or just shove it in your face. Whatever. Marvelous!
Calories: 150 Fat: 10g Carbohydrates: 10g Fiber: 3g Protein: 5g
More Gluten Free Salad Recipes.
Leave a Reply