Gluten-Free, No Sugar Added, Primal, Nut-Free
Gluten-Free Sinfully Delicious Chocolate Streusel Muffins Recipe
Sinfully Delicious Chocolate Streusel Muffins Recipe
If chocolate for breakfast is wrong, I don't want to be right! These Gluten-Free Chocolate Streusel Muffins are an easy-to-make tasty and unique treat for breakfast, brunch or snacks.
Author: Deena Segal
Recipe type: Gluten-Free, No Sugar Added, Nut-free, Primal
Chocolate Muffin Ingredients
- 1½ cups HealthSmart Chocolate Bake Mix
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, unsweetened
- ¾ cup Swerve sweetener
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate Streusel Topping
- paper muffin cups
Streusel Topping Ingredients
Streusel Topping Instructions
- Combine the dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the softened butter and cut it into the dry ingredients with a pastry blender or two knives until the mixture is crumbly.
- Set aside until ready to use.
Chocolate Muffin Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line the muffin pans with paper muffin cups.
- Combine the chocolate bake mix, unsweetened cocoa powder, Swerve, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine the dry ingredients thoroughly.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, heavy cream, water, and vanilla. Whisk briefly to combine the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir by hand to combine. Stir the ingredients just until combined. Do not over mix or the batter will be thick.
- Spoon the muffin batter into the muffin cups, filling them about halfway.
- Sprinkle the Chocolate Streusel Topping over the muffin batter.
- Bake the muffins in the preheated 350° F oven for 25 minutes, or until the tops spring back when lightly pushed down with your finger.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and take them out of the pan to cool them on a wire rack.
Serving size: 1 Muffin Calories: 225 Fat: 11g Fat (98 Calories from Fat) Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 2g Sugar: 0g Sodium: 361mg Fiber: trace Protein: 30g