Gluten-Free, No Sugar Added, Ketogenic, Paleo Optional, Primal Optional, Vegetarian
Whipped Maple Nut Butter Gluten-Free Recipe
For a little guilt-free decadence, use Gluten-Free Whipped Maple Nut Butter to top muffins or pancakes. It adds a rich, creamy, sweet taste. So go ahead, spoil yourself a bit! This is also great for anyone doing a fat fast.
- ⅓ cup walnuts
- ¾ cup grass-fed butter
- ¼ cup sugar-free maple syrup
- ⅛ cup heavy cream
- Roast the walnuts on a cookie sheet and then cool them thoroughly.
- Finely chop the cooled walnuts.
- Using a food processor or hand mixer, combine the butter, syrup, and cream until smooth. Add the chopped walnuts and pulse (if using a food processor) or mix on low speed (if using a hand mixer) until the walnuts are thoroughly incorporated.
- Store the butter mixture in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Sugar-free maple syrup has maltitol as a primary ingredient. Over consumption of maltitol can cause intestinal discomfort.
Compound butters make a wonderful hostess gifts and holiday gifts. You can put the butter into a pretty glass jar with a label, or roll it into a log atop plastic wrap. Then take the log and wrap in some butcher paper, twist the ends and tie with twine. Simply add a pretty label and you’re good to go!
For a Paleo or Primal version, feel free to use real maple syrup.
Coconut cream can be substituted for heavy cream.
More Gluten Free Compound Butter Recipes.