Gluten-Free, No Sugar Added, Paleo Optional, Primal, Vegetarian, Vegan Optional, Dairy-Free Optional, Nut-Free
Gluten-Free Sautéed Italian-Style Summer Squash Recipe
Gluten-Free Italian-Style Sautéed Summer Squash Recipe
Spring, summer, autumn, or winter, this Gluten-Free Sautéed Italian-Style Summer Squash goes with everything! It can be served with fish, beef, or chicken and will elevate any meal.
Author: Deena Segal
Recipe type: Gluten-Free, No Sugar Added, Paleo Optional, Primal, Vegetarian, Vegan Optional, Dairy-Free Optional, Nut-Free
- 1 zucchini squash
- 1 crookneck squash
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- dash garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- After washing the squash thoroughly, slice each squash in half lengthwise.
- Cut each half into 2-inch lengths.
- Julienne the sections of squash by placing the sections on their flat sides and slicing each one in thin strips.
- Pour the olive oil into a large skillet or frying pan.
- Add the Italian seasoning blend, garlic powder, and onion powder and stir with a spatula or wooden spoon to incorporate the spices into the oil.
- Heat the oil over medium high heat, then add the squash.
- Sauté, tossing the squash frequently, until the squash is crisp-tender. This will take 5-10 minutes.
- Add the butter and continue cooking and tossing the squash until the butter is melted.
- Serve immediately.
To make this dish dairy-free or Paleo, simply eliminate the butter.
Serving size: ¾ cup Calories: 107 Fat: 11g (94 Calories from Fat) Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 2g (1g net carbs) Sugar: 0g Sodium: 2mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 1g