Gluten-Free, No Sugar Added, Paleo Optional, Primal Optional, Vegetarian, Vegan Optional, Dairy-Free Optional
My Nutty Pecan Pie Crust is the perfect combination of simplicity and taste–perfect for either a sweet or savory pie. Because it’s so easy to make, it’s the perfect go-to Low-Carb Gluten-Free recipe when you need to make multiple pies at holiday time.
Grain-Free Nutty Pecan Pie Crust Gluten-Free Recipe
- 2½ cups pecans, ground
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- ¼ cup granular Swerve (See note)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted grass-fed butter, melted
- Stir together the ground pecans, cinnamon, and granular Swerve.
- Pour in the melted butter and toss the ingredients to combine them thoroughly.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9" deep-dish pie pan or springform pan.
- Chill the unbaked crust in the refrigerator for about 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Place the pie crust on a cookie sheet and position on the middle rack of the preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Watch it closely, because nut crusts tend to burn easily, and taste burnt even when they are not black!
- Take the crust out of the oven and cool completely on a wire rack before filling.
For Vegan or Dairy-Free pie crusts, replace the butter with coconut oil.
For Paleo or Primal crusts, replace the Swerve with finally ground coconut sugar.