Original Chebe Bread mix is unlike any other bread. Based on the Brazilian pao de queijo (“cheese bread”), its main ingredients come from the topical mainioc plant (also known as cassava or yucca). The texture and flavor are unique, it is quick and easy to prepare, and is incredibly versatile.
Pao de queijo is traditionally made as small rolls but Chebe’s versatility is limited only by the imagination. This delicious mix can be used to make countless bread products such as calzones, sandwich buns, tortillas, dumplings, pie crusts, crackers, or any of several other items.
Made in a gluten-free dedicated facility.
Free of: gluten, wheat, yeast, soy, corn, potato, rice, tree nuts, peanuts and MSG.
- Serving Size 0.75 oz. (21g) dry mix
- Servings Per Container 10
- Total Calories 70
- Calories From Fat 0
- Total Fat 0g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 103mg
- Total Carbohydrates 17g
- Dietary Fiber 0g
- Sugars 0g
- Protein 0g
Ingredients: Manioc (tapioca) flour, modified manioc starch (100% manioc), dry milk, iodine-free sea salt.
Preparation Instructions: Set oven to 375 F.
- With a fork or dough mixer, blend contents in a bowl with 2 tbsp. oil and 2 eggs (Option: for a more airy product, mix in 1 tsp. gluten-free baking powder before adding wet ingredients.) Mix in 4 oz. (1 C) shredded cheese (e.g., parmesan, sharp cheddar, etc.), then slowly blend in 1/3 C water.
- After dough is blended, knead it with hands. Work dough until it is well blended and smooth. (Add a little water if too dry; add more of the mix or food starch if too sticky.)
- Roll into 20 sticks or balls no larger than 1.5″ in diameter (don’t make too large). Bake on a non-greased pan for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.