Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free, Paleo, Primal, Nut-Free
Sriracha Chicken Wings Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free Recipe
Sriracha Chicken Wings Low-Carb Gluten-Free Recipe
There is nothing like a big old plate of Sugar-Free Gluten-Free Sriracha Chicken Wings to put a smile on my face. In fact, wings are my go-to Saturday night dinner. If I'm feeling especially generous, I might make them for the whole family. But if I'm being honest, most times I wait until the boy goes to bed and it becomes a feast for the hubby and me. Throw in some celery sticks and a tall, cold glass of iced tea and I am a happy camper!
Author: Deena Segal
Recipe type: Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Primal, Nut-Free
- 2 pounds chicken wings, tips removed
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ¼ cup onion, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- ½ cup olive oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ¼ cup gluten-free sriracha sauce
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- ½ tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter, melted
- Rinse the chicken wings and pat them dry. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cumin, coriander, kosher salt, black pepper, olive oil, garlic, onion, cider vinegar, and coconut aminos.
- Toss the wings in the spice mixture and make sure they are well coated. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Spread the wings on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, until firm but not cooked through.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil for frying. When the oil is hot, add the wings pot and fry for about 5 minutes. If you don't want to fry the wings, let them roast in the oven for about 1 hour longer, until crisp and golden brown.
- In a large saucepan, combine tomato paste, sriracha sauce, lime zest, lime juice, and butter. Heat and stir well to combine. When thoroughly combined, remove from heat and set aside.
- When the wings are fully cooked, add them to the sauce and toss well.
- Shake off any excess sauce and transfer the wings to a platter.
- Serve immediately.
Serve with celery sticks and bleu cheese or ranch dressing.
Serving size: 10 Wings Calories: 384 Fat: 33g (299 calories from Fat) Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 4g (3g Net Carbs) Sugar: 0g Sodium: 998mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 17g