- 24 stalks fresh thin asparagus, cleaned
- 1 oz. fine olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Flake Salt
- Rinse the fresh asparagus and gently bend each stalk. They will each break at the spot where they go from being woody to tender, so don’t expect them to all be exactly the same length. You can trim them if you want them to line up evenly for a presentation.
- Arrange the asparagus on the baking sheet. (Covering the sheet with foil makes for easy cleanup!)
- Using a pastry brush, give each stalk a light brushing of olive oil.
- Sprinkle the lemon zest around on top, and finish with the salt of your choice.
- Place in a 400º oven for 10 minutes or until the asparagus starts to brown on the edges.
Try to get them onto dinner plates. Don’t be alarmed if they disappear from the baking sheet while your back is turned. The light brushing of good quality olive oil along with the combined taste of the salt and lemon zest eliminates the need for any other sauce.