From Easy Gluten-Free Entertaining by GlutenSmart Press
- 1 ½ pound shrimp
- 1 large bunch green Vidalia onion sprouts, cleaned and sliced into ¾-inch wide chunks
- ½ cup chive flowers, bias cut into ½ inch slices
- 2 tablespoon fresh butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoon white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and devein shrimp. Reserve shells for future stock.
- Melt butter in a large sauté pan. Season shrimp with salt and pepper and add to the sizzling butter. After cooking on one side for 2 minutes, turn the shrimp over.
- Add the garlic and sliced onion sprouts to the pan. Squeeze in lemon juice, add wine and parsley. Stir and let cook until shrimp are opaque and onions are softened.
- Stir in chive flowers. Toss them in the cooking liquid until they are coated. Remove from heat.
Serve over rice or with seasonal spring new potatoes or chunks of Hearty Flavors Bread (Recipe in the Cookbook) or Sweet Potato and Rosemary Manioc Bread (Recipe in the Cookbook).